Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pot Holders

Grayden and I had Mom's Club today! It was pretty fun. It was Grayden's second time in the nursery, but we left the kiddos at the church while we went downtown to the quilt shop. I am not going to lie I was really nervous about leaving him. I was even having nightmares about me leaving him with horrible babysitters. But he did great. I rushed around all morning and made sure to pump some milk for him, but I guess he didn't even need it. 


So while Grayden was relaxing with the sweet old ladies in the nursery, mom was trying to sew! Key word TRYING. Incase I forget to mention I have been really wanting to learn how to sew. I feel as if it should be a requirement of my new job SAHM and something I must learn to do as a new mommy. What if Grayden wants me to sew him a cool costume or something someday, I mean really I want to be that cool mom that can make him an original costume. 


It was the perfect setting and I was already to learn. They had the squares all cut out for us and the batting. It was perfect. I sat down at the machine and felt like I was in grade school again. I had to keep raising my hand because I totally forgot everything I learned in middle school Home Ec. It was pretty sad. Needless to say I need to keep TRYING. It wasn't horrible, but it sure wasn't pretty. I am really hoping that I can talk my wonderful husband into buying me a sewing machine for some holiday coming up. (easter, mother's day, flag day, 4th of July) Come on, one of them! So he can support yet another one of my "wish I could's" 






Don't Judge, you may be getting one for Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment